[Asterisk-Users] good voip

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Tue Feb 21 11:17:03 MST 2006

This is also very dependent on where you are and who your ISP is...

I used Teliax and there setup instructions and support are excellent.
Unfortunately for me,  my ISP (frickin comcast) has a very poor route
to Teliax's servers.  This seems to be somewhat changeable,  but is
consistently poor enough that I had to explore other options, which I
am still doing.

I now prepaid $10 to Nufone.net, who have a really poor website, but by
all accounts here on the list, provide top shelf performance.  This
seems to be true as my outgoing calls are no sounding much better
(according to the called parties).

In any case, the prepaid thing is a boon for testing these options.
Prepaying $10 gets you lots of opportunity to make calls and see how
they sound and work for you.

Good Luck,
Marty

PS A central resource of various Voip terminators and the quality of
routes to/from various ISP's would be a great boon.  Is there such a
thing?