[Asterisk-Users] How do I install speex for asterisk?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sun Feb 19 16:11:08 MST 2006

Do you have

allow=speex

in your codecs list in either sip.conf or iax.conf?

if not this this could be the reason.

Also,  Speex won't get selected if its not the primary codec on either
side's call initiation. In other words you allow list should look like this

disallow=all
allow=speex
allow=blah
allow=blah

When you make a SIP call you will be able to force the other side into
speex if they suport it.

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com