[Asterisk-Users] How do I install speex for asterisk?

Mike Pollitt mike at limeboy.com
Sun Feb 19 17:40:07 MST 2006

I used yum to install speex (although you could quite easily build your own
from source).

# yum install speex
# yum install speex-devel
# cd /usr/src/asterisk
# make clean
# make
# service asterisk stop
# make install
# service asterisk start

This sequence of commands may require variation depending on your flavour of
Linux and how your asterisk is installed.