[Asterisk-Users] PSTN to SIP MoH always choppy, SIP to SIP good

Zach A zeeshan at acabling.com
Sat Feb 18 18:19:37 MST 2006

Hi all,

I've tried everything over past month but no success. When somebody
calls in from a PSTN line or cell phone to my asterisk box, which is a
connected to a SIP provider, MoH doesn't work good, it is very choppy.
I've tried native format, silence suppression, ulaw and gsm music files,
changing RTP ports but nothing helped. It plays ok only for incoming SIP
calls from the same provider. Any guess why it doesn't work for other
incoming calls and is always choppy?

Thanks,

Zach A.