[Asterisk-Users] Softphones and other VOIP PBX's

brian at txshirts.com brian at txshirts.com
Fri Feb 17 16:29:48 MST 2006

Background: I've been having some minor issues with our Sipura 841's.
Mostly it just relates to them being cheap phones.

One of the alternatives to buying new phones was using soft phones.

I'm curious what other people are using that works well.

I found NCH's SoftPhone Express Talk which is a nice implementation with
some decent features.

They apparently make a NT based PBX, but I haven't had a chance to play
with it for comparison purposes.

I did accidentally install their MOH solution, and it's simply amazing.
In fact, the MOH solution is nice enough that I'd like to find a way to
interface it to *.  It does rotations, fades, and text to speech way
better then the * solution.

Has anyone else seen this or played with it?

And for the record, yes I know it's a * forum.  We have had * live for
15 months now.  It's always good to look over the fence for ideas.

Brian Greul
Texas Shirt Company
www.txshirts.com
713-802-0369 / 713-861-6261 (fax)