[Asterisk-Users] Festival and Asterisk - different voices? => SOLVED!

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Fri Feb 17 17:34:53 MST 2006

FYI,

I found a workaround with this.  Festival w/ A at H comes with 4 voices.
Here's a snippet from the siteinit.scm file:

;(set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_bdl_arctic_hts)
(set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts)
;(set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_jmk_arctic_hts)
;(set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts)

The default is to have the first line uncommented and the rest commented
out.  I changed that to have the cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts voice as the
default.  Now when Asterisk (or anything else) calls festival, it uses
the female voice.  If you install or create other voices in festival
then you can specify the default voice here in siteinit.scm.

-MC

P.S. - Special thanks to Philip Edelbrock for allowing me to ask a
hundred questions about festival!