[Asterisk-Users] MOH from RCA jack?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Feb 17 13:55:16 MST 2006

> > Have a potential client that wants to replace their old key system
> > with *, but they want to integrate a commercial message service (they
> > pay a monthly fee to have special MOH messages generated) into their
> > system. The messages are essentially delivered to this customer via
> > older generation audio equipment that interfaces to their key system
> > via a standard audio RCA jack. (We're reseaching other alternative
> > deliver mechanisms such as mp3's, etc, from the supplier, but have to
> > assume for now that we need to inject MOH audio into asterisk via
> > this RCA jack.)
>
> Why not just make an MP3 each time the client receives the updated media?
> You could have their existing MOH source device connected to the input of a
> PC in their office (or yours) like mentioned in previous messages.  When the
> new media arrives, make a single MP3 file, and then upload it to the
> Asterisk server.

Sure, lots of different ways to accomplish the end result. My orginal
question was based on the fact the customer has a paid subscription from
this company to provide a "service", the customer will likely not want
to mess with that service (and/or copyrights), and may just force the
issue with interfacing at the RCA jack level. E.g., don't rock the boat
with "change" when the customer is already stressin with the unknowns
of voip, etc. (This is a non-tech customer.)