[Asterisk-Users] MOH from RCA jack?

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Fri Feb 17 13:38:06 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote on Friday, 17 February 2006 5:42 AM:

> Have a potential client that wants to replace their old key system
> with *, but they want to integrate a commercial message service (they
> pay a monthly fee to have special MOH messages generated) into their
> system. The messages are essentially delivered to this customer via
> older generation audio equipment that interfaces to their key system
> via a standard audio RCA jack. (We're reseaching other alternative
> deliver mechanisms such as mp3's, etc, from the supplier, but have to
> assume for now that we need to inject MOH audio into asterisk via
> this RCA jack.)

Why not just make an MP3 each time the client receives the updated media?
You could have their existing MOH source device connected to the input of a
PC in their office (or yours) like mentioned in previous messages.  When the
new media arrives, make a single MP3 file, and then upload it to the
Asterisk server.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds