[Asterisk-Users] MOH from RCA jack?

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Fri Feb 17 13:24:53 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 09:10 -0500, Alexander Lopez wrote:
>  I have not done this but I could probably send you in the right
> direction.
>
> * MOH uses a he standard out of an audio program (ie mpg123) you should
> be able to add a custom mohtype in the musiconhold.conf file.
>
> All you need is to 'play' the audio from the line in on your MB and put
> it on STDOUT.
>
> Otherwise you can 'record' the message via line-in, edit it for length,
> and convert to MP3.

I'm not sure whether asterisk is going to fire up multiple instances or
just a single one of the player in your case, but if not you might be
able to use sox to take dsp as input and output ulaw on stdout
(e.g. define this in musiconhold.conf: sox -t ossdsp /dev/dsp -t ul -).
I kind of suspect that you will get locking problems between multiple
sox'es too, but that depends....

Conrad