[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Playback sound in 64 bit machine

Nitin Gupta niting at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 17:11:31 MST 2006

The problem is with my new machine's hardware clock, which was running twice
as fast as normal(bios bug). After searching through google the fix for it I
could find is to disable apic in bios.

This is my machine configuration:
HP a1230n
ATI XPress chipset
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3700+
ATI X800 XL
Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4

basically added "noapic acpi=noirq" in grub kernel option

i.e in /etc/grub.etc append "noapic acpi=noirq" for kernel

*kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15.1 ro root=LABAL=/ rhgb quiet noapic acpi=noirq*
After reboot of machine clock was normal.
Nitin