[Asterisk-Users] attended call transfer

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Sun Feb 12 17:58:29 MST 2006

John is absolutely correct - in the PBX world a transfer is a transfer,
regardless of whether it is blind or attended.  How many PBX phones out
there have two different transfer buttons, one for blind and one for
attended?  Zilch.

It's the user's behavior that determines whether or not the transfer is
blind or attended.  So having two separate types of transfers isn't
ideal.  I wouldn't call it a bug or a defect, just a design choice that
might not be optimal now that Asterisk is showing up in traditional
office environments.  I don't know the whole history but it seems like
the dichotomy of blind vs. attended transfers has been in * since the
beginning.

Questions for the community: is an "integrated" transfer feature
valuable to you?  If so, would you be willing to put out a bounty?  (In
other words, is it just a nice feature or is it so important that you'd
be willing to pay a few bucks for it...)  Last question, but possibly
the most important: what have you done, if anything, to get around the
split between blind and attended transfers?

-MC