[Asterisk-Users] Re: More Polycom IP501 questions

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Feb 10 12:34:33 MST 2006

On Friday 10 February 2006 14:22, Noah Miller wrote:
> We've never bothered with Shared line appearances.  I've pretty much
> assumed they are only good for emulating a key system.  For us it would be
> more of a hindrance than a feature, as only our receptionists are ever
> interested in taking calls from the main line (everyone else is DID).  We
> just use our multiple line appearances to allow our users to take multiple
> calls.  Sort of an advanced, visually-driven call-waiting.

*nods* -- and based on what others are saying, Asterisk's SIP stack does not
really work with shared line appearances anyway.  A classic case of me making
things more complicated than they need to be.  :-)

> > I haven't even started to play with the mini browser; that looks like it
> > is going to have some serious potential, too.

> Does the minibrowser work on the 500's?  I though it was only on the 600
> series.

Hmm... that explains why the one set of config files I have has the "home" URL
defined as "http://dont.you.wish.you.had.an.ip601.hehe/".

Thanks for the input, everyone.  I need to digest this information into a
"Quick and Easy setup of a Polycom IP501" for the wiki.

-A.