[Asterisk-Users] more cpu intensive echo cancellers ?

Clint Sharp clint at kirkhamsystems.com
Fri Feb 10 10:01:46 MST 2006

Gerard Saraber wrote:

>Thanks! testing it now, on my test calls it appears to start out with
>less echo then the Mark3 canceler, but it trains slower, seems like it
>took a long time for the echo to completely disappear, the real test
>will be seeing what the people at my company have to say.
>
>Feb  9 14:47:51 [kernel] Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major
>196
>Feb  9 14:47:51 [kernel] Zaptel Version: SVN-trunk-r934M Echo Canceller:
>MG2

I've had really good luck with the echocan preload patch that was posted
on the asterisk dev list a while back as well, and I've been
recommending it to people as well.  This has really helped minimize the
echo problems to a minimal level, although I don't know about
recommending this system to our customers.  I still think a lot of my
audio quality problems are being caused by my phones (not echo, but
clicks and pops and various overmodulation problems).  We're getting
there, but I'm still nervous with trying to sell an * system to someone
who is used to the quality of a traditional PBX or key system.

Clint