[Asterisk-Users] more cpu intensive echo cancellers ?

Gerard Saraber gsaraber at rarcoa.com
Fri Feb 10 12:21:56 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 11:01 -0600, Clint Sharp wrote:
> Gerard Saraber wrote:
>
> >Thanks! testing it now, on my test calls it appears to start out with
> >less echo then the Mark3 canceler, but it trains slower, seems like it
> >took a long time for the echo to completely disappear, the real test
> >will be seeing what the people at my company have to say.
> >
> >Feb  9 14:47:51 [kernel] Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major
> >196
> >Feb  9 14:47:51 [kernel] Zaptel Version: SVN-trunk-r934M Echo Canceller:
> >MG2
> >

> I've had really good luck with the echocan preload patch that was posted
> on the asterisk dev list a while back as well, and I've been
> recommending it to people as well.  This has really helped minimize the
> echo problems to a minimal level, although I don't know about
> recommending this system to our customers.  I still think a lot of my
> audio quality problems are being caused by my phones (not echo, but
> clicks and pops and various overmodulation problems).  We're getting
> there, but I'm still nervous with trying to sell an * system to someone
> who is used to the quality of a traditional PBX or key system.
>
> Clint

Found it, going to go test it right now :) thanks!
So far reports have been positive on the echo, but its a slow day ;)
We're using cisco 7960 phones, they're pricy, but they work great and
sound good, if it wasn't for the echo issue, I would have been able to
roll the whole setup out already.
Actually that's not quite true, I still have to make the 7914 addon
module work with the 7960 phone, but that's not a show stopper.

Either way, so far big thumbs up for the MG2 echo can, and if any
developers read this, feel free to add a compile flag to make it more
cpu intensive ;) and do more canceling.

--
Regards,
Gerard Saraber