[Asterisk-Users] "Say YES to continue" prompts

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Wed Feb 8 13:47:01 MST 2006

We're having a problem with call screening with our existing legacy
system (Toshiba DK40i) which the touch-tone buttons don't work when *
calls extensions.  At first I had set up a 'press 1 to accept' prompt,
but it won't work if the DTMF buttons aren't functioning, of course.

So, a thought: Is there a way for Asterisk to listen and hear something?
  It doesn't have to do voice to text translations or anything so
complex as that, just sense noise past a threshold and duration.

Mostly, I'm just trying to sense if the user is available and at their desk.

Thanks!

Phil