[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP501 MWI goes off periodically

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Wed Feb 8 14:47:01 MST 2006

I remember seeing something like this on the list a while ago, but I'm
darned if I can find it.

We have a number of Polycom IP501 phones, some of which have more than
one registration on them. When a voicemail is left for a phone with
only one registration, the MWI lights up and stays lit until the
voicemail is listened to.

However, on our phones with more than one registration, the MWI goes
out periodically, and then relights a short time later with the
characteristic Polycom warble tone.

Any ideas what could be wrong here? I have a hunch that it has to do
with registration expiry, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
--
Anthony Rodgers
Business Systems Analyst