[Asterisk-Users] Better i18n for Asterisk?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Tue Feb 7 12:56:12 MST 2006

The same "7" sound file is used to indicate both time and quantity. The
sound file could be easily recorded to say "sept heure" but then every
time the VM system tells a user that they have 7 messages they'll hear
something like "vous avez sept heure notification" (excuse my schoolboy
French).

Perhaps rather than writing a VM AGI one could have a French language
patch to the sources?

In general I think the French way is better (I can't believe I just said
that). I tell the time using the 24 hour clock. 7:45AM is correctly
expressed at "7 hours 45 minutes" using the 24 hour system.

Could we have run into another "Americanism" here?

OK, back to being English and bashing the French ;-}

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com