[Asterisk-Users] 1 ISDN BRI to IAX2/SIP... (*) best tool or?...

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Tue Feb 7 03:16:00 MST 2006

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) schrieb:

> They have several ISDN BRI connections, most of which will be dropped.
> Only one will be retained, for 2 reasons:
> 1) It has the ADSL link
> 2) The number has been the main contact number for over 20 years.

In germany you could move that number to a VoIP provider and use it from
the main office direct. Then you won't need an asterisk in the remote
location.

> My question is whether there are any tools better suited for this than an
> old banger (AMD 800 MHz) PC with a HFC-PCI card and (*) relaying (switch)
> the incoming calls to the central box.

Should be plenty enough. I am running a PII-400 with a AVM C4 connected
to two ISDN-ports and have another IAX connection to a customers site.
Works fine.

--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt