[Asterisk-Users] TE411P Really Bad Echo

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Feb 5 20:45:15 MST 2006

Stagg Shelton wrote:
> I just implemented a system using a TE411P hardware echo cancellation
> card.  Per Digium, I setup zaptel.conf, and zapata.conf the same way as
> I always have.  To my surprise calls out to the PSTN had a terrible
> echo. 1 - 2 second delay, and quite clear.  The echo was so bad that I

1 to 2 _seconds_? There is no echo canceler anywhere that will handle
that much echo delay.

Did you actually remove the VPM, or just disable it? Please check
whether you have this problem with the VPM installed but disabled,
because it could be a bad VPM.

Finally... I know it's Sunday night, but you should really pursue this
with Digium Support tomorrow morning :-)