[Asterisk-Users] international calling via POTS in Russia

asterisk at b-great.net asterisk at b-great.net
Fri Feb 3 05:37:58 MST 2006

Hello,

There're few POTS supporting touchtone, others - just pulse. In
Russia you need to dial 8, wait for tone and only then continue
dialing 10 (for intl. plan), country code, area code and number.

bkmc> Hi,

bkmc> I'm having a problem calling international numbers with debian's
bkmc> Asterisk 1.0.7 w/ zaptel 1.0.9 in Moscow. Russia doesn't seem to have
bkmc> touchtone dialing, so pulsedial is enabled on my TDM400P interface.
bkmc> Local numbers work fine, but when it comes to long distance or
bkmc> international, I'm lost.

bkmc> The prefix for these should be 8 (wait for dialtone) 10 (country code)
bkmc> (city code) (phone number). I've tried with 8w10, 8p10 and even
bkmc> Dial(Zap/g1/8||D(10${PHONENUM})), but nothing seems to work, I get
bkmc> either dead air (first 2 methods) or a plain dialtone (for the last).
bkmc> The Asterisk console shows that exactly the desired number has been
bkmc> dialed.

bkmc> Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading this mail.

bkmc> P.S. Sorry if this turns out to be a double post, my provider's smtp server has
bkmc> sometimes serveral days' delays.

bkmc> --
bkmc> Regards,

bkmc> Balint Kovacs
bkmc> System Administrator
bkmc> AES Cargo - MoveOne Relocations

bkmc> This mail was sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/
bkmc> --Bandwidth and Colocation provided by Easynews.com --

bkmc> Asterisk-Users mailing list
bkmc> To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

Grigoriy Puzankin