[Asterisk-Users] international calling via POTS in Russia

balint.kovacs at moveonerelo.com balint.kovacs at moveonerelo.com
Fri Feb 3 03:11:34 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm having a problem calling international numbers with debian's
Asterisk 1.0.7 w/ zaptel 1.0.9 in Moscow. Russia doesn't seem to have
touchtone dialing, so pulsedial is enabled on my TDM400P interface.
Local numbers work fine, but when it comes to long distance or
international, I'm lost.

The prefix for these should be 8 (wait for dialtone) 10 (country code)
(city code) (phone number). I've tried with 8w10, 8p10 and even
Dial(Zap/g1/8||D(10${PHONENUM})), but nothing seems to work, I get
either dead air (first 2 methods) or a plain dialtone (for the last).
The Asterisk console shows that exactly the desired number has been
dialed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading this mail.

P.S. Sorry if this turns out to be a double post, my provider's smtp server has
sometimes serveral days' delays.

--
Regards,

Balint Kovacs