[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Eicon Diva Server V-BRI

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Feb 2 13:04:45 MST 2006

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> > I'm planning to buying Eicon Diva Server V-BRI for my asterisk server and
> > run with chan_capi.
> > Is anybody using that card ? Would appreciate any feedback.
>
> Card works great with chan_capi-cm from sourceforge. Don't overlook the small
> print: the V series cards don't do any fax. The standard Diva Server BRI cards
> do (I assume).

Yes, the non-V cards include Fax/Modem and Voice (and of course other
protocols like X.75, HDLC, V.110, ...) as well as Line-Interconnect
(channel-to-channel, card-to-card bridging).

> The V cards are branded as optimized for voice, but at this point I'm not sure
> what the advantage really is in a Asterisk system.

For example the echo canceller. But as mentioned I will also implement the
RTP (Eicon DIVA Server cards can work directly with RTP packets and do
the codec/anti-jitter stuff itself).
So when finished, the SIP phones will send their RTP packets to the DIVA
card instead of Asterisk.

Armin