[Asterisk-Users] Sip - no peer or user found on incoming call

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Thu Feb 2 11:32:06 MST 2006

Hi list,

I try to connect to a GW which have one domain eg sip.mydomain.com and
have few IPs related to this domain. I register * to this domain with
host=sip.mydomain.com and type=user. So DNS will decide on which IP of
my domain I will register (or redirection on the GW side).

If an incoming call arrive, I would guess that, as type=user, it will
not try to match the IP from INVITE as I want to match on username. But
this is not true, I always have in logs "Found no matching peer or user
for 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060'" and asterisk then try to find a <MyUserName>
extension in the SIP default context. I tried to play with deny/permit
without luck.

The call is finishing properly _only_ when the IP which with my * is
registred to the GW match this from the incoming call, and then doesn't
matter if type=user or type=peer, which is normal according to
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+SIP+user+vs+peer.

I'm running Asterisk SVN-trunk-r8643M built by root @ keewi on a i686
running Linux on 2006-01-25 14:50:51 UTC

Here is relevant part of my sip.conf

register => <MyUserName>:<MySecret>@sip.mydomain.com/<MyUserName>

[IN-UserName]
type=user