[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP phones to Cisco Unity via CCM4.0SIPTrunk

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Feb 1 17:19:43 MST 2006

>	thanks, using your example, and this url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note0
9186a00800dea82.shtml
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note
09186a00800dea82.shtml>

>	I got it to work... then I realized that there's no way the SIP
phone > on asterisk is going to get the MWI ( message waiting indicator
)...  how > are my users going to know they got a unity voice
message?... doh.
This would be the trickiest, but not unsolvable.
For each Asterisk connect Unity user, modify their MWI extension
in their Unity sunscriber profile to dial Asterisk.  On Asterisk
add an extension with a small AGI script to 'touch' the local VM
status.