Need to terminate 7 lines (was: [Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 19, Issue 10)

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Feb 1 17:25:46 MST 2006

Kevin Steil a écrit :

>Need help...I need to install a card to terminate 7 lines...I have not
>order the phone lines yet...I can either do analog lines 1FBs or order a
>fractional T1...

If I was you, I would go for the T1 since you can expand it when it's
needed.

>any suggestions on what hardware would be easier to
>install and configure...

If you plan on having only one T1 I think you should get a single T1/E1
Digium card. That being said I'm in a bad position to recommend it since
I went with a proprietary gateway myself (boo!).

>also if I went with a T1...do I need an external
>CSU/DSU or anything or does it just plug into the T1 card...thanks..

As far as I'm aware you don't.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom