[Asterisk-Users] (newby) EURO-ISDN line question

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Wed Feb 1 06:12:50 MST 2006

Mabe I didn't understand your answer, mabe I did not ask the question
properly, so I'll try an other aproach:

Let's say I've got a "*" and a client calls it's number. Note this number
would not be SIP, it would be the "old" kind of number. My only choice would
be to use ISDN or analog. Under certain circumstances (when I know I can't
pickup the phone) I want the calling client to get an "busy" tone, not a
"ring". I want it to look just like any other busy tone to the client. The
"Congestion" command in Asterisk seems to require "Answer" first, and I
don't want to Answer the line!

>From a different thread (How to remove first ring tone on FXO?) I understood
one can't do anything before the calling party gets the first ring, so I
figure I can't reject the call ither. Also I have never seen a standard
phone that has a "cancel" button that works as the one on GSM phones. From
all this I concluded that there's no way to "reject" the call on an FXO port
(analog line).

Back to my question: Did I draw the wrong conclusion from then " How to
remove first ring tone on FXO?" thread? Is it actually possible to reject a
call on a standard analog line? If not, is it possible to reject a call on a
digital EURO-ISDN line?