[Asterisk-Users] (newby) EURO-ISDN line question

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Wed Feb 1 11:41:26 MST 2006

I don't think there's any way of busying a line at your end unless it's
genuinely busy. The best folks to talk to about that would be your telco.
You could fudge it somewhat by artifically leaving the line offhook (I guess
this is possible in asterisk somehow - possibly by using a dialplan
extension to take a Zap channel offhook but not actually dial anything, then
use the g option in Dial to prevent exiting). I've never tried this, but it
might work with some research and testing.

On an ISDN line you can do a "deflect" before asterisk answers the line, but
it would be down to your telco if they were going to charge you for doing so
or not.

Regards,

Chris