[asterisk-users] Queue Monitor not mixing if using UNIQUEID in MONITOR_FILENAME

James Fromm fromm at omnis.com
Tue Dec 19 08:23:01 MST 2006

I spent hours debugging this a few weeks ago.

The ${UNIQUEID} contains a period (".").  Mine are something like
xxxxxxxx.xx.  When soxmix is executed to mix the in and out files, the
file types are not specified.  This causes soxmix to attempt to
determine the file type by the filename's extension.  The routine in sox
that looks for the filename's extension doesn't expect multiple periods
in the filename.  So it finds the file type to be xx.wav (or xx.gsm) and
that's not a format sox can handle.

You can add an AGI call to your dialplan immediately after the Queue
application to join the files.