[asterisk-users] Ssh access over a zap channel...

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Dec 14 14:34:57 MST 2006

Jordan Novak wrote:
> My need to do this through asterisk is simply the ability to provide me
> access with no additional cost to my customer. It seems like a nice
> thing to include as long as authentication is done well. I have
> worked on a dozen or more types of switches and all of them have
> supported this or had the capabilty through hardware or licensing. I am
> trying to get around opening and closing the firewall, which at some
> locations is simply not accessible to me.

pbx-1*CLI> show application ZapRAS
pbx-1*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'ZapRAS' =-

[Synopsis]
Executes Zaptel ISDN RAS application

[Description]
   ZapRAS(args): Executes a RAS server using pppd on the given channel.
The channel must be a clear channel (i.e. PRI source) and a Zaptel
channel to be able to use this function (No modem emulation is included).
Your pppd must be patched to be zaptel aware. Arguments should be
separated by | characters.

pbx-1*CLI>