[asterisk-users] Ssh access over a zap channel...

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Thu Dec 14 07:44:12 MST 2006

On 14 Dec 2006, at 13:32, Jordan Novak wrote:

> My need to do this through asterisk is simply the ability to
> provide me access with no additional cost to my customer. It seems
> like a nice thing to include as long as authentication is done
> well. I have worked on a dozen or more types of switches and all of
> them have supported this or had the capabilty through hardware or
> licensing. I am trying to get around opening and closing the
> firewall, which at some locations is simply not accessible to me.

I'm setting a similar thing up for fall-back remote access,
I've decided to add ex-girlfriend mode to the
dialplan, so it won't get war-dialed, meaning I can only use it from
specific phone numbers.

I've yet to test it, but the plan was:

PRI -> * -> dialplan checks callerId -> SIP-> spa 2000 -> 1200baud
modem -> tty socket-> unix login

Main advantage is that I have all the bits in the junk box in the
machine room,
but it also doesn't open a generic IP tunnel (unless I run PPP at
1200 baud).

Tim.