[asterisk-users] long busy()

Wed Dec 13 03:47:48 MST 2006

Christophorus Laube schrieb:
> [Description]
>   Busy([timeout]): This application will indicate the busy condition to
> the calling channel. If the optional timeout is specified, the calling
> channel
> will be hung up after the specified number of seconds. Otherwise, this
> application will wait until the calling channel hangs up.
>
> This is what I found when I typed "show application busy" in the CLI.
> Did I interpret it wrong?
> regards, Christophorus
>
> Mailinglisten schrieb:
>
>> Christophorus Laube schrieb:
>>
>>> hi list,
>>>
>>> I set up a new asterisk machine with asterisk 1.2.13 and misdn
>>> 0.3.1rc27.
>>> I use an e1 card with sip clients. My extensions look like this:
>>>
>>> [E1]
>>> <snip>...<snip>
>>>
>>> exten => 33006733,1,Set(CALLED=${EXTEN})
>>> exten => 33006733,2,Dial(SIP/1 at 192.168.0.23)
>>> exten => 33006733-ANSWER,3,Answer()
>>>
>>> [SIP]
>>> exten => _X.,1,Noop()
>>> exten => _X.,2,SetCallerPres(allowed_passed_screen)
>>> exten => _X.,3,Dial(mISDN/g:E1/${EXTEN},40)
>>> exten => _X.-BUSY,4,Busy(1)
>>>
>>> But whenever a sip client calls to an exten that is busy through e1 I
>>> get busy tones for 10s before I get disconnected. But I want to have
>>> it only for 1s.
>>> Does anyone know how to fix that?
>>> regards, Christophorus
>>>

>> AFAIK the BUSY() command has nothing to do with the busy indication.
>> You can't pass anything to this command.
>>
>> Check: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Busy

I think that is something that should be pointed out on the website,
too, then. I did not run that command on the CLI before, sorry.

Is there any output on the CLI that proves the BUSY command is run at
all? Because I don't really know if

exten => _X.-BUSY,4,Busy(1)

is gonna work. I would say something like:

exten => _X.,3,Dial(mISDN/g:E1/${EXTEN},40,j)
exten => _X.,n+101,Busy(1)

should work if setting the timeout really works that way. Note that the
Dial command has the switch j set which will go to priority n+101 if the
channel is busy.

- Fabian Foerster