[asterisk-users] long busy()

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Wed Dec 13 04:41:16 MST 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 13.12.2006, 11:47 +0100 schrieb Fabian Foerster:

> Is there any output on the CLI that proves the BUSY command is run at
> all? Because I don't really know if
>
> exten => _X.-BUSY,4,Busy(1)
>

> is gonna work. I would say something like:
>
> exten => _X.,3,Dial(mISDN/g:E1/${EXTEN},40,j)
> exten => _X.,n+101,Busy(1)
>

> should work if setting the timeout really works that way. Note that the
> Dial command has the switch j set which will go to priority n+101 if the
> channel is busy.

And then, there is ${DIALSTATUS} (without the "j" switch)...
for me, calling the "internal" SIP devices looks like
(lots of lines to read database, set variables....)
exten => _2XX,116,Dial(${SIPDEVICE},${WAITTIME},gro)
exten => _2XX,117,GotoIf($[X${DIALSTATUS} = XANSWER]?120)
(...)

So if the call was answered, no voicebox will take over... and other
niceties like server-side last-caller-listings etc. In voip-info.org
wiki, there should be plenty information how to use the DIALSTATUS.
I decided to not fully follow the example,but itwas helpful to read
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+variable
+DIALSTATUS

BR
Anselm