[asterisk-users] Asterisk t38passthrough

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Fri Aug 25 02:52:37 MST 2006

Ricardo Carvalho schrieb:
> tries with the following codec preferences like G.711. On the other side
> there is PSTN, as I deliver my traffic in IP to a Telco that uses also

Hi,

that is not passthrough! You will need something to translate T.38 to
one of the ordinary fax/modem-modulations, when switching to PSTN.

Imho, this is not and will never be handled by asterisk's T.38
passthrough support.

Anyway, Steve Underwood started to implement some T.38 support for
his packages (spandsp/rxfax/txfax). Imho, this is, what you'll need.

Roger.