[asterisk-users] Can the codec/format for name/greeting in voicemail be changed?

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 19:02:25 MST 2006

Hello people,

before I go hunting on Wiki and Google, if maybe someone here knows
the answer to this.

This is in regards to the voicemail system. Is it possible to change
the default/native format in which the greetings and outgoing messgaes
for a user's mailbox are stored? It seems like (*) records everything
in a GSM 6.10, mono 8kHz. If I was using the filesystem, then I could
run a cronjob or something and convert all greetings etc. in the
formats that I expect the endpoints to be using, but since I use
Realtime, I don't have that luxury.

How then can I get (*) to either record in a different format OR be
able to convert these voicemail subscriber greetings in my database to
some other format?

Any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
${RR}