[asterisk-users] Calls over VPN

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Wed Aug 23 02:23:34 MST 2006

Yes, I agree. And one more thing: With some encrypt setups of openvpn the
data path is 'on hold' when openvpn recreates/renegotiates a new encryption.
This means that you have a short interrupt (some milliseconds) when openvpn
server
a) establishes a new connection
b) re-creates the encrypt-key (e.g. once per hour)

To avoid a) I setup one openvpn server instance for each (important) VPN
connection.
To reduce b) I increased the reneg cycle.

Armin