[asterisk-users] Calls over VPN

Simon Woodhead woodheads at esms.com
Wed Aug 23 02:03:08 MST 2006

We've done this with OpenVPN and it works fine. I'd recommend that the VPN
server is not on the same box as Asterisk. Stick it on a firewall/gateway
box giving access to the network containing the Asterisk boxes behind it.
This way the Asterisk box(es) is seeing normal unencrypted traffic and the
VPN server(s) can be specified to meet the VPN requirement.