[asterisk-users] Changing CID

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Thu Aug 17 18:51:32 MST 2006

Dovid Bender wrote:
> I have my phonecompany and the traditional SetCallerID(7325551212)
> does not work for changing caller ID. I got the following in an email
> from them but I dont understand it. Can anyone shed light ? Thanks.
> Dovid
>
> I think they could achieve what they want by doing the following:
>
> Change the From: to be the CID number that they want
>
> Add a CC-Diversion: field with the number that they have an account
> with us.
>
>     All they have to do is add a “CC-Diversion” header to their INVITE
> with the number they want to authenticate off of.   We will use this
> first, before the “Remote-Party-ID” or “From” headers.
>
> Example: CC-Diversion: sip:19174391018 at sip.sipmedia.com:5060.

This seems like a non-standard way of doing it, putting the
authentication information into the CC-Diversion header. IIRC,
CC-Diversion is meant for call redirection, such as call forwarding and
divert to voicemail.

Reading the excerpt, it seems like you'll have to do:
Set(${CALLERID(num)=7325551212)
SIPAddHeader(CC-Diversion: sip:19174391018 at sip.sipmedia.com:5060)
Dial(...)

Hope this helps.