[asterisk-users] Changing CID

Dovid Bender asteriskusers at dovid.net
Thu Aug 17 09:28:46 MST 2006

I have my phonecompany and the traditional SetCallerID(7325551212) does not work for changing caller ID. I got the following in an email from them but I dont understand it. Can anyone shed light ? Thanks.
Dovid
I think they could achieve what they want by doing the following:

Change the From: to be the CID number that they want

Add a CC-Diversion: field with the number that they have an account with us.

    All they have to do is add a “CC-Diversion” header to their INVITE with the number they want to authenticate off of.   We will use this first, before the “Remote-Party-ID” or “From” headers.

Example: CC-Diversion: sip:19174391018 at sip.sipmedia.com:5060.