[asterisk-users] Set DID

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Wed Aug 16 18:41:51 MST 2006

Hi CF,
Maybe poor choice of words on my part - I probably meant "a reply I
could understand and implement solving my problem" rather than
intelligent.

The closest I got was
Then you would use a Goto(custom-fromiaxfwd,2125316214,1) instead of the

Set(CALLERID)

But this didn't work and when I asked for more info I didn't get a
reply.

Specifically what I am trying to do is route an incoming IAX trunk to
ring a specific extension.

The IAX provider doesn't send DID information with calls on this trunk.

Currently I route the calls based on modifying the CID with the command
SET CID in the custom_extension.conf folder

[custom-fromiaxMassMedia]
exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=2125316214)
exten => s,2,Goto(from-pstn,s,1)
exten => s,3,Hangup
exten => s,102,Voicemail(50)
exten => s,103,Hangup

And this works fine and complies with all of the trixbox time/date rules
etc however it does obviously wipe out the actual CID which is handy to
know when I want to dodge certain incoming calls.

So the question I have is.......How do I SET DID for an incoming trunk
where the carrier doesn't provide it.

Cheers,

Dean

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-August/thread.html