[asterisk-users] Set DID

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 20:24:14 MST 2006

On 8/16/06, Dean Collins <Dean at collins.net.pr> wrote:

> Hi CF,
>
> Maybe poor choice of words on my part - I probably meant "a reply I could
> understand and implement solving my problem" rather than intelligent.
>
> The closest I got was
>
> Then you would use a Goto(custom-fromiaxfwd,2125316214,1)
> instead of the
>
> Set(CALLERID)
>

> But this didn't work and when I asked for more info I didn't get a reply.

It doesn't work to do what? it doesnt go to custom-fromiaxfwd,2125316214,1?

> Specifically what I am trying to do is route an incoming IAX trunk to ring a
> specific extension.

So route it, where does the DID part come in?

> The IAX provider doesn't send DID information with calls on this trunk.

Then just use the s exten

> Currently I route the calls based on modifying the CID with the command
>
> SET CID in the custom_extension.conf folder
>
> [custom-fromiaxMassMedia]
>
> exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=2125316214)
>
> exten => s,2,Goto(from-pstn,s,1)
>
> exten => s,3,Hangup
>
> exten => s,102,Voicemail(50)
>
> exten => s,103,Hangup

Can you explain to yourself (I myself am realy not interested in
knowing) why if you take out the Set(CALLERID(number)=2125316214) it
wont work (and by work I mean the goto will work)?

> And this works fine and complies with all of the trixbox time/date rules etc
> however it does obviously wipe out the actual CID which is handy to know
> when I want to dodge certain incoming calls.

I have got no clue about trixbox, this is "Asterisk Users Mailing
List" in case you didn't notice.

> So the question I have is…….How do I SET DID for an incoming trunk where the
> carrier doesn't provide it.

The answer is you DONT, you just use a goto statement.