[asterisk-users] 911 Testing

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Mon Aug 14 05:59:29 MST 2006

In my case the 911 goes to the Police departments dispatchers, I have to to
call the main office number and make sure it is a good time to test then I
can call right back to get the read out on the screen. This is great since
they want me to send them some sort of information about who called from my
system.

On 8/13/06, John Novack <jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org> wrote:

> Petty bureaucrats make up their own rules the world over!
> Whatever you do, it will be wrong
>
> John Novack
>
> Kevin Kiely wrote:
> > Be careful here... Our local PSAP is handled by the fire department.  I
> had
> > one of our guy's make a test call and we were told that this test must
> be
> > coordinated and scheduled in advance with the chief.  They want no test
> > calls.  It would probable be safest to check before making the call as
> they
> > could consider it an abuse of the emergency system.  It seems like a
> catch
> > 22.

Bruce
Nortex Networks