[asterisk-users] codec_g729a.so coredump in SVN trunk

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Aug 8 05:39:31 MST 2006

ast-lists at delvar.com wrote:
> Hi i just setup asterisk and tried to install the digium g729 codec.
> it works ok using stable but with SVN i get a core dump with the error,
> 'missing mod_data for codec_g729a.so'
>
> i had a quick look though the archives but all i came up with is this,
> http://threebit.net/mail-archive/asterisk-dev/msg02414.html
>
> as this is 3 months old i was wondering if there has been any progress
> on this? and waht the plans are for this g729 codec?
> will i have to wait to 1.4 before i can use the cool features in the
> current trunk and g729 or is there a 'dev' version of teh g729 module
> that works with SVN?

According to Kevin, the digium g729 codec still needs to be changed to
support the new loading methods in trunk, and when those changes are
completed, an announcement will be made to the list. Until then, the
g729 module only works with v1.2 stable (as well as previous stable
releases).

I've not heard any hints/rumors as to when that might occur.