[asterisk-users] codec_g729a.so coredump in SVN trunk

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Tue Aug 8 04:29:06 MST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 12:08:43PM +0100, ast-lists at delvar.com said:
> Hi i just setup asterisk and tried to install the digium g729 codec.
> it works ok using stable but with SVN i get a core dump with the error,
> 'missing mod_data for codec_g729a.so'
>
> i had a quick look though the archives but all i came up with is this,
> http://threebit.net/mail-archive/asterisk-dev/msg02414.html
>
> as this is 3 months old i was wondering if there has been any progress
> on this? and waht the plans are for this g729 codec?
> will i have to wait to 1.4 before i can use the cool features in the
> current trunk and g729 or is there a 'dev' version of teh g729 module
> that works with SVN?

As the OP of that message, I'm still waiting too. I believe that trunk
is in a feature freeze at this point, so the module interfaces should be
stable now. It would be very nice to have this module updated - it would
allow more people to run the new code and flush out bugs prior to final
release. It's a win-win.