[asterisk-users] Hotels...

Dovid Bender asteriskusers at dovid.net
Mon Aug 7 09:07:22 MST 2006

I have to bid on a hotel contract, but there are some things I don't know
how to do -- but clearly Asterisk has been used by hotels before, so I
figure someone on here must have some answers:

1) While the majority of the phones will be SIP, there will be a couple
hundred analogs (due to wiring logistics); what should I terminate them
into?

2) Phone activation at check-in/phone de-activation and billing at
check-out.  Are there GUI tools for this, or should I write my own
back/front end?

3) Anything else that those familiar with hotels have bumped into that
might not be obvious at the outset?

Thanks!

-Ken

Ken,
Long time no see on the list welcome back.

1) The best thing would be is to get a channel bank. Xorcom has one that I
believe works over USB though never tried it so I cant comment on it.

2)I dont think there is any software out there for hotels per say but there
has been talk about working some of the open source billing programs out
there in to a custom app. The only reason why I would go for writing your
own is A)You have more control. You can build it for your own custom needs
for the ground up. B)People have asked about it before. While I dont know
the market size I am sure that you can resell it once you are done.

Dovid