[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Siemens Legacy PBX

Jon Farmer jon at bctech.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 12:30:53 MST 2006

James Arscott wrote:
> Hi, thanks to the original poster, I redid all the cabling and immediately
> got the span to go OK between asterisk and the siemens legacy PBX. Only
> problem now is working out how to handle the calls from the siemens....
> Worth pointing out at this stage I have no access to the siemens
> configuration, so I could be shooting blind.
>
> I put span2 (which is connected to the siemens) into its own context
> (inbound-from-siemens) and then tried to few simple attempts at Œreceiving¹
> the calls that the siemens is trying to make. However whatever I put all I
> get via the asterisk console is :
>
> -- Extension '' in context 'inbound-from-siemens' from 'xxxxxx' does not
> exist.  Rejecting call on channel 0/31, span 2
>
> That comes up each time a call is attempted from the siemens, the xxxxxx
> shows as whichever direct dial number tried to dial out on the siemens,
> which I initially was pleased to see, however I am now stumped at how I
> should try to get asterisk to deal with these calls, am I barking up the
> wrong tree ?

No you are slowing barking up the right tree :-)

The call is getting accepted by Asterisk in the context
inbound-from-siemens. However it can't work out what to do with the
call. You need to match the xxxxxx number with a extension number which
is in the inbound-from-siemens context or another context included in
it. For instance if the xxxxxxx number is 123456 you could use.

[inbound-from-siemens]

exten => 123456,1,Dial(SIP/101)

to dial SIP phone 101

or if the numbers from the siemens follow a pattern ie they all start
with 12 then you could use

exten => _12XXXX,1,Dial(SIP/101)

If you check the extensions.conf page at

www.voip-info.org/wiki

you will see loads of examples on how to construct a dialplan

HTH

Jon

--
Jon Farmer