[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Siemens Legacy PBX

James Arscott james at stemnetworks.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 12:45:12 MST 2006

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply, good to know I am on the right track!

I have actually already tried your suggestion, but using :

_. To try and match what the siemens was sending, but this did not work, I
know this is not advisable in ‘production’, but I was just trying to get
something working before I came up with the proper solution.

I also tried just using s , this again did not work. I assumed the
‘Extension ‘’ in context’ part of my debug meant that the siemens is not
sending, or asterisk can’t work out, what extension is being sent.... If
that makes sense....

Also to help me get my head around this, the ‘extension’ referred to that
should be being sent from the siemens, is this going to be the number the
siemens is dialing, if not, how do I get ‘access’ to that number?

My goal is to just allow the siemens to make any call it wants via the span
1 on the asterisk box, which is connected to a ‘real’ ISDN PRI.

James