[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Siemens Legacy PBX

James Arscott james at stemnetworks.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 12:21:24 MST 2006

Hi, thanks to the original poster, I redid all the cabling and immediately
got the span to go OK between asterisk and the siemens legacy PBX. Only
problem now is working out how to handle the calls from the siemens....
Worth pointing out at this stage I have no access to the siemens
configuration, so I could be shooting blind.

I put span2 (which is connected to the siemens) into its own context
(inbound-from-siemens) and then tried to few simple attempts at Œreceiving¹
the calls that the siemens is trying to make. However whatever I put all I
get via the asterisk console is :

-- Extension '' in context 'inbound-from-siemens' from 'xxxxxx' does not
exist.  Rejecting call on channel 0/31, span 2

That comes up each time a call is attempted from the siemens, the xxxxxx
shows as whichever direct dial number tried to dial out on the siemens,
which I initially was pleased to see, however I am now stumped at how I
should try to get asterisk to deal with these calls, am I barking up the
wrong tree ?

Thanks

James