[asterisk-users] MWI from Asterisk to Meridian

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Thu Aug 3 03:00:56 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> Aside from using a Norstar ATA connected to an FXS port on Asterisk and
> executing a hookflash *1, no.  There isn't a really good way to do it, as
> that is part of what keeps you hooked into their proprietary crap.
>
> It's the same as trying to tie in SIP phones through Asterisk to a Norstar
> system.  I have it done through a PRI but even then Norstar sees the phones
> as external destinations, so I can't pick up Norstar parked calls and can't
> transfer calls over.

Andrew,
Is the Norstar VM integration the same as that the Meridian-1? I
remember VM boxes like Octel use a Dialogic card that emulates a bunch
of Nortel 2616 phones to send the MWI.

Cisco Unity also does it in a similar manner except they need to use
external handset emulators like PBXLink.

Cheers.