[asterisk-users] MWI from Asterisk to Meridian

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Aug 1 06:08:08 MST 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 16:32, kritikus Araklidas wrote:
> Anyone know some idea if the Asterisk voicemail (WMI) can send the messages
> to meridian for activate the light on meridian digital phones for voicemail
> notification????

Aside from using a Norstar ATA connected to an FXS port on Asterisk and
executing a hookflash *1, no.  There isn't a really good way to do it, as
that is part of what keeps you hooked into their proprietary crap.

It's the same as trying to tie in SIP phones through Asterisk to a Norstar
system.  I have it done through a PRI but even then Norstar sees the phones
as external destinations, so I can't pick up Norstar parked calls and can't
transfer calls over.

-A.