[Asterisk-Users] Legacy PBX integration

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 23:54:59 MST 2006

What does your dial command look like?

If had DID working before, all you have to do is send the same information
on to your pbx.  For example, if the telco was sending the full number
dialed on to your pbx, then you need to add to you dial command.  If the
telco was only sending, say, the last three digits, then that is all you
send to your pbx.

Basically, you need to know what the telco was sending your old pbx, and
then make sure you are sending that to *.

For example, for mine, this is what i have in me extensions.conf file:

exten => 2816040532,1,Dial(Zap/g3/210)

This will take a call from my main number and send it to my auto attendant.
My pbx picks up the 210 as being the DID number for my automated attendant.
In your case, since you already had DID functioning, you would replace the
210 with whatever your telco would have sent.  In other words, you need to
pass on whatever the telco sends to you.  You need to pass that on to your
pbx.  If before, your fax number was, say, 281-456-7890, and you receive all
ten digits from the telco, then your dial command would like this:

exten => 2814567890,1,DIal(Zap/g3/2814567890), assuming g3 is the group
assigned to your PRI, this may be different in your case.

Does this make sense?  You can use variables to expand on this so that you
don't have to have a statement for each DID, but this should at least get
you started.

On 4/30/06, Remco Barende <asterisk at barendse.to> wrote:

> Yes indeed I suspect that * is not passing any DID information on the
> call. This could be because my Dial command is wrong or I may need to use
> different signalling settings.  (Is there any other setting with pri_net?)
>
> When doing pri debug I noticed a line that * was thinking that the other
> side was not ISDN equipment (but there is a lot of output and I never read
> debug output before)
>
> DID was working, the PRI was passing it on to the Alcatel.
>
> I'll have a look on the forum you mentioned.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
>
> > Hmm...  In my case, it could be just dumb luck.  I found some
> instructions
> > on setting up DID on my pbx, and started that.  Part way through, I
> wasn't
> > sure what the rest of the instructions were talking about and felt I was
> > getting in too deep.  So, I decided to see what would happen if I just
> tried
> > it.  It worked.  Since this is only a temporary solution until we move
> > completely off the pbx to Asterisk, I felt like I didn't need to find
> out
> > why it worked, just be thankful that it worked.
> >
> > It sounds like your system is just answering the line and not paying
> > attention to any DID information.  I was able to find a lot of
> information
> > on the tek-tips.com forums for the Merlin Legend.  You may try a search
> on
> > there and see.
> >
> > Was DID working in the past, or have you just added it with the addition
> of
> > the Asterisk system?
> >

> > On 4/30/06, Remco Barende <asterisk at barendse.to> wrote:
> >>

> >> Thanks!  The PBX is a Alcatel Novo Supreme. All calls go straight into
> the
> >> auto attendant no matter whoch extension I dial on the Zap group the
> PBX
> >> is connected to.  I tried dialling in by hand using several
> combinations
> >> but I always get the auto attendant.
> >>
> >> How do you transfer the call straight to the extension the fax is on? I
> >> guess using a Dial command fro *?
> >>
> >> I suspect that the PBX is missing some signalling.
> >>
> >> Thanks!

> there
> >> are
> auto